gh4 anamorphic editing with final cut pro

Alan Abrahams

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Alan Abrahams said:

Hi everyone, I've soem footage with the panasonic gh4 on anamorphic mode and I just want to know with final cut pro, what do I do to get the footage in correct aspect ratio, I believe its meant to be 2.66:1 , searching all over the net but cant find any information...

If its FCPX then you can choose a custom aspect ratio when you create a new Project - you decide what you want etc...

If you want to fit it in a 1080p or whatever wrapper (black bars top & bottom), then once your footage is in the timeline, highlight it & go to the Inspector window, then open the Transform window and go to the Scale section to change the Y axis to the desired squeeze (simple math to work out the percentage - that's your job!).

Thanks a lot, yes I eventually figured it out, my custom ratio was 1920 x 720 ,very impressive result with the new anamorphic firmware using the entire 4:3 sensor...

and now I found another issue, on my lumix 42.5 mm in the gh4 anamorphic mode things work perfectly,but when I use my canon fd 50mm with fotodix fd adapter or my helios 44-4 58mm with k&f concept adapter...on normal mode it works fine,but as soon as I swtich to anamorphic mode there is a huge delay in capturing the image on the monitor but also in the recording, at first i thought it's m sd card, but I bought the recommended U3 class compliant and still the same problem, wondering if anyone else has come across this problem,or maybe i have to change my settings somewhere,or maybe it needs a metabones for the anamorphic mode, though I dont see why...

Help very much appreciated !

alan