How does the Log for the M50 compare?

justadude

Hey everyone. New here. Im looking into adding the M50 as an additional camera into a indie project that most he film with shot with BMPCC 6k footage. I have several 6ks but looking at a few scenes where it will be shot with either M50 in log here or the Iphone 12 using filmic in log v3. Ive used the M50 for stills but never for video as it wasnt what I was looking for. Is the autofocus working with the hack or anything else I should know? Thanks!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Its a very tight shot in an elevator and one in a coffin as well as high angle Id much rather brake a phone or m50 then a 6k. Im making my first horror independently after being pushed by some Hollywood actors and directors Im friends with. I edit for some Hollywood directors. Completely self funded so Im trying to save where I can. The phone can work for the tight shots but I figured an additional setup on the m50 could help in other settings as well provided I can get the grade close enough it wouldnt be a problem in post.

5 hours ago, justadude said:

Its a very tight shot in an elevator and one in a coffin as well as high angle Id much rather brake a phone or m50 then a 6k. Im making my first horror independently after being pushed by some Hollywood actors and directors Im friends with. I edit for some Hollywood directors. Completely self funded so Im trying to save where I can. The phone can work for the tight shots but I figured an additional setup on the m50 could help in other settings as well provided I can get the grade close enough it wouldnt be a problem in post.

Might be worth it to just get a wider lens. I mean you can match anything in post but the M50 8 bit codec is way far off from BRAW.