C500 Mark I SDI output issue

Reel Steel

I posted this on dvxuser, too, but no conclusions, so I figured I'd ask here.

I was doing an interview shoot the other day, and only about 5 mins in I look over to the Odyssey 7q monitor and see some weird artifacts. Thought it was maybe just the monitor acting out. I was shooting 29.97 raw to ProRes HQ via the SDI 1 output. After the first take I check the playback and it's all screwy, too. Pull the SSD, check the ProRes files on the computer, and sure enough, they're hooped.
That afternoon, I switched to pure raw recording as the monitor and playback on the monitor both looked good. When I came home and checked the raw files, they were cooked, too.

The issue is vertical lines all across the footage. Whitish/yellowish. 

At home i tried a different SDI cable, black balanced 3 times, tried other encoding options, etc. The internal recording is OK, and the Odyssey works fine with my 1DC, so it seems the problem is with the C500 3G-SDI ports (the HD-SDI connection on the body is OK).

I sent it in to Canon, and they didn't dig too deep into it as they said that fixing it likely isn't worth it, and that sometimes even Canon Japan doesn't have the necessary bits to fix old equipment (I'm in South Korea, so it's not too much trouble to send stuff to Japan). 

Canon said that it might be the CMOS sensor going, which seems strange, as as I said, the internal recordings and HD-SDI connection is OK. The only thing that might corroborate this is that when there's a very high-contrast scene, right where dark goes to light, there's sometimes some jaggies - like very strong aliasing. But this isn't present on all recordings. Do sensors start to go like this? I know sensor degradation is a thing, but I have an old 1DS and 1D (original!) kicking around, and they still spit out images without any problems. 

Another suggestion was the Odyssey. Apparently the mainboard can start to go? I contacted CD, and they said they'd pass it on to their engineers. No response yet. To try and replicate the pro

I hooked up the C500 and 1DC together and did a dual 1080p30 recording in ProRes HQ to try and push the Odyssey as much as I could to try and replicate the problem in HD. No go! (As in it all worked) 

Any thoughts? Thanks~

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs