Will The Creator change how blockbusters get filmed?

ntblowz

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, MrSMW said:

You could just imagine Lindybeige, in a pub, on his own, having a good old chat with himself. About anything.

Just like some of the old geezers of this forum. 😂 Thanks for pointing out this lad to us.

This film felt generic despite been produced in an unique way. Whereas "Monsters" was really inspiring to the filmmaking spirit and still is in regards how it looked, played out and by the way it was produced.

I need to watch it again.

I watched it on the laptop with the missus but I think it deserves another viewing on the 52” 4k TV screen.

Maybe this Winter as I have too much on this time of year…

• 1 month later...

Funny enough, I went to go buy a Fuji GFX from Oren the DP recently. He used the GFX100s on the film in preproduction and to document some BTS while they were filming at all the locations around the world. 

Really nice guy. 

I've gone back and read through the comments in this thread. Kind of dated now that things have slowed down on the FX3 news but as I've heard it, the FX3 was just the smallest and lightest package to rig up minimally and get good low light and raw out to the Ninja. Even though an FX6 is not much bigger, the way they were traveling and shooting, the FX3 was the tool they wanted. I know for me as a travel doc shooter that every bit of size and weight shaved off the kit makes a huge difference. Also, we all now how much easier it is to shoot in scenarios where a small camera keeps people at ease and creates opportunities to steal shots and go un-noticed. Oren said that they were filming in a lot of locations in Asia where the locals were in the background and people just thought they were dumb tourists shooting Tim Tok reels. He said they wouldn't have been able to do a lot of stuff they did with even a slightly bigger setup. 

Passed on the camera BTW, I need the GFX100ii for the better video specs even though this would have been a great conversation piece LOL.

GFX %22Creator%22.png

I am not shooting blockbusters but I did use the FX6 on a feature earlier this year. After getting a chance to color it I think I will use it on most smaller productions going forward unless something else is requested. 

I might prefer a C70 over the FX6, but I do like the FX6 form factor better and the fact that is has SDI and XLR. I definately prefer the FX6 to the FX3 because the internal codec is better and I prefer not to shoot RAW. 

I do like having the FX30 for a dedicated gimbal cam, it is easier to rig than the FX6 if you are going for a very minimal setup. 

Color was all done in Filmbox. 

FX6_1.90.1.png

FX6_1.92.1.png

FX6_1.132.1.png

FX6_1.136.1.png

FX6_1.140.1.png

FX6_1.305.1.png

FX6_1.252.1.png

FX6_1.301.1.png

FX6_1.303.1.png