Kessler press release regarding termination of business relationship with Philip Bloom

Lensman

http://www.kesslercrane.com/news/2015/4/9/kessler-crane-ends-business-relationship-with-philip-bloom

FYI both of Philip Bloom's ex's have come forward with accusations of domestic violence, physical and emotional.

I have also heard that Philip admitted as much to Eric Kessler.

I hope he seeks help.

I hope the victims get the sympathy they deserve from the community, because some of the statements defending Philip have been outrageous.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Andrew, thanks for bringing this thread back- I was worried it was getting swept under the table. This is an incredibly pressing topic in today's society so I hope this helps raise more awareness that abuse happens so much more than we would like to think, and is often perpetrated by those we least suspect.

• Administrators

To be clear I didn't hide it. With good intentions one of my mods hid the thread. Albeit with a heavy heart, I then brought it back. Like you say it's not right to sweep this under the rug. It has to be condemned. I hope Philip seeks help. What is alleged is simply not right. I am really fucking pissed off at him for it.

Is there any proof? Did he admit to it? Or are we just participating in a witch hunt?

We live in a time where a reputation can be destroyed by one accusation and I would be very hesitant to publically shame the man until we have more information.

If I'm wrong and it's true, I will no longer have respect for Philip and hope he and the victims get help. I hope it's false.

• Administrators

Is there any proof? Did he admit to it? Or are we just participating in a witch hunt?

I saw the allegations first from Sara on Facebook last week. Then (also allegedly) he "confessed" more to Eric Kessler. Then today the second ex, Sarah had her allegation out.

For me at this point, I took a long walk actually. I was upset.

As it's a personal tragedy and a shame for the whole DSLR community. So can we please at least try and refrain from disgraceful comments like Jimmy's above? The issue of domestic violence is very different. Clarkson is on BBC2 next week by the way if you want to throw rocks at the screen. And I doubt Philip will have same come back.

He did a lot for me in the early days and had been supportive every time I met up.

It'a a shame.

• Administrators

This is going to turn into a nasty little online shaming match isn't it?

Have some compassion for both sides as they both lose.

And think about your own lives and if you lost your career, how you would want people to behave... respectfully or not?

• Administrators

I don't care about Philip Blooms private issues. I think the press release is unprofessional. Why does it have to go into the specifics like that?

​I think Kessler had no choice, you can't simply stay silent as that would be seen to condone the alleged behaviour.

Philip's name is all over the pocket dolly so obviously Kessler have chosen to do what they did with the press release.

​I think Kessler did the right thing, you can't simply stay silent as that would be seen to condone his actions.

I don't have a problem with Kessler ending their relationship with Bloom. Makes sense of course from a business perspective. Not sure if a press release is needed for that though.

I can understand they want to publicly declare they take distance from him as a person. Could have been done all the same without mentioning the specifics. I think that would be a lot more respectful, and mostly more professional.

I don't know Eric. To me Kessler is a company that sells stuff, just like Canon is... In fact, Philip Bloom also is mostly a 'brand' to me. I value his articles and still do with this knowledge. I don't know him as a person and I have no interest in doing so.

My point, things are getting way to personal and I don't think that is a good thing.

I don't care about Philip Blooms private issues. I think the press release is unprofessional. Why does it have to go into the specifics like that?

​The presser is on point, it goes into specifics to demonstrate that Kessler doesn't support such actions - even if they're just allegations they can't support him in any way. It doesn't say he did it. From a business perspective it's the proper course of action, terminate Bloom and wait for the situation to be settled - which is pretty standard with endorsement contracts. Its damage control for Kessler with an issue that's getting a lot of public attention in the U.S. lately - as it should. Kudos to Kessler for taking a stand. I hope the two women will press charges and let it play out in court.

I agree that anybody who has strong allegations or is in fact guilty should not be associated with your business. I do think it is more professional however not to make public statements until the person is found guilty. 

If Philip Bloom is in fact guilty then he must live with that guilt and find help, as anyone who ever thinks about or performs domestic abuse certainly needs therapy and/or medical attention. 

Additionally, shouldn't the general public just keep their noses out of other peoples business? A lot of people probably have "dark" things they don't want other people to know - there is a law system that takes care of such things, yet the internet will still attempt to be the judge and jury. 

Well, I'm going to say much the same here as I said to PB himself in the clarkson thread - let's not start making assumptions and flinging mud when we do not know the full story. We each of us know the stress that comes with the way he works, we know the stress of having such a profile on the internet and we know that stress causes certain behaviours in people. That's not me condoning domestic abuse, that's me saying we should remember that any of us could suffer in ways that changes our behaviour, so let's please not vilify the man, only the behaviour. He needs a benevolent empathy from all of us, firmly maintaining the position that the behaviour is unacceptable but not putting the boot in.

Further more, the two, incredibly brave women who have come forwards deserve to be treated as if this was true, without question, and also supported and given our empathy and benevolence. 

Basically, lets all be nice to everyone, k!

Further more, the two, incredibly brave women who have come forwards deserve to be treated as if this was true, without question, and also supported and given our empathy and benevolence. 

Basically, lets all be nice to everyone, k!

​Why do you assume the women are brave?  Just because women are "women" does not mean they cannot lie...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-uber-driver-rape-charge-dropped-met-20150406-story.html

To assume that these women are brave is to assume that Bloom is guilty..  Without more evidence or a trial, in my book, that is wrong...