World's smallest DSLM that shoots 4k?

John Matthews

9 hours ago, eatstoomuchjam said:

Chris and Jordan were surprisingly the only people mentioning the audio hiss on any of the YouTube reviews that I watched the other day.  Judging by forum posts where people asked/complained about it, I didn't see any indication that they ever fixed it.  I think the IBIS is also electronic-only which might not be ideal.  Looks like a "don't buy" for now, but if the X-M5 comes out as rumored, maybe it'll be something to look at buying a year or two after (assuming it keeps the same dimensions).  😅

After you mentioned this camera the other day, I also watched a few reviews; indeed, the hiss is real. Also, the EIS is of the older variety and basically doing it in post will blow it away in 2024. In the same budget if you're in Europe, I think the Olympus E-P7 is better and about the same price new (with the kit pancake lens). I had that camera a couple of years ago and it was great except for the faulty IBIS unit- they ended up replacing it with the E-M5 iii due to inventory concerns. There are 2 gotchas with the E-P7: 1) it feels flimsy; 2) no EVF. Neither of those are a big deal for me.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs