Nikon buys Red?

JulioD

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
15 hours ago, Snowfun said:

Well, he did… but I’m sure I saw him pop a Werther’s Original half way round

Then the little cheating fat bastard is dead to me now 🙂

I was watching it and at about 750m thinking "nah he's going to have to try another day" and then he just crowd surfs his way to the front.

What a moment.

He has another shot today but honestly I just hope he can hang on to the end of the race as the last stage is an individual time trial from Monaco to Nice and he deserves what will effectively be a 33km lap of honour.

I might not be able to resist the urge to head down there to see it in person.

I would like to include Jan Ullrich in this discussion. He was one hell of a rider. German media always bullied him, as they were never satisfied when he didn´t finish first and whenever someone else was taking the crown. They had their share when it comes to doping, they that is the media, press, adverisement and sponsors. They are guilty of being unappreciative and meanspirited about second places, about loosing a race without a place on the winners´ podium. None of these jerks ever won anything themselves but throwing dirt at people who they exploited for their ratings, exposure and advertisment. Cycling was huge in Germany in the Ullrich era. So many profitizing from Ullrich and so many never having to stand up for their deeds, and their participaiton in the doping system.

21 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

I would like to include Jan Ullrich in this discussion. He was one hell of a rider. German media always bullied him, as they were never satisfied when he didn´t finish first and whenever someone else was taking the crown.

He was my favorite cycling superstar hero back when I was a kid! 

And yeah, he got so many second places at the Tour de France!!! (FIVE of them!!) 

But he least he still got a couple of Grand Tour wins of his own (the Tour de France itself, and the Vuelta).

He was an Olympics champion too if I remember correctly (irrc). People loved the steam engine like powerhouse, the beast from the east, Jan "Ulle" Ullrich. He was like a folk hero. It was the not so common people who exploited the man of the common people. Big middle finger to Telekom and German TV for their hideous conduct.

• 3 weeks later...

Nikon GM saying, they intend to leverage some of RED tech into their cameras. My guess would be at least REDcode Raw and their LOG workflow. I was looking at a 12bit Nraw vs 14 bit NEF raw (Photo) and their was quite a difference in terms of detail in the shadows that would make it great a 14 bit REDraw codec in camera. 

https://nikonrumors.com/2024/07/22/nikon-plans-to-incorporate-reds-video-tech-in-its-cameras-in-order-to-expand-market-share.aspx/#more-196596

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2024 at 1:47 PM, Danyyyel said:

Nikon GM saying, they intend to leverage some of RED tech into their cameras. My guess would be at least REDcode Raw and their LOG workflow. I was looking at a 12bit Nraw vs 14 bit NEF raw (Photo) and their was quite a difference in terms of detail in the shadows that would make it great a 14 bit REDraw codec in camera. 

https://nikonrumors.com/2024/07/22/nikon-plans-to-incorporate-reds-video-tech-in-its-cameras-in-order-to-expand-market-share.aspx/#more-196596

14bit just gives a lot more. The Z8 really has impressive dynamic range though similar to the RED raptor. Rate it at 3200 or 1600 ISO and you have Alexa like highlight latitude. Needs to be treated right in post. That is the thing with RED and ARRI is that they look pretty damn stellar straight out of camera with the lut applied.