Blackmagic 6K FF Price Drop

BTM_Pix

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

1st shooting session last night.

What a memorable show! The Waterboys version 2024 is a terrific must. Their performance on stage is one of the best gigs I've ever seen in my life... To hear this Scottish-Irish band playing hits such as (let's only mention a couple!) 'AND A BANG ON THE EAR' or 'THE PAN WITHIN' live is simply thrilling... literally. One of the best bands ever. Mike Scott is a star of the history of folk rock in the body of a man. The older the best, as I had opportunity to personally let him know he is like Port wine, today : )

image.thumb.png.4fd6fbd0d9ca410692985a30e9fd6fa2.png

image.thumb.png.5d4d24d371422787909f9eb7cff1457a.png

1239468661_WhatsAppImage2024-06-22at14_48.54_88844f55.thumb.jpg.56f8eb085714af568657c68b59520c11.jpg

1901164533_WhatsAppImage2024-06-22at14_48.54_1e7fb2b8.thumb.jpg.bea40b498e57a2447c2964ca444e59f8.jpg

BTW I have a chance to offer to this community... To those who will be interested to locally shoot their concerts, we can launch a footage archive of their performances in the coming years. PM me as you wish on this purpose of mine launched here now. I think these boards should be more mutual cooperation of this gang's gigs than has rarely been TBH :- )

And I will tell you the only beef against the usual mirrorless toys ; ) Bulky and weight. Light glass without cumbersome adapters is a bless... ; ) Osmo Pocket : D saved us a lot of times! Incredible tool!

All the rest has no challenge. Monitor, menus and BRAW have no competitor and are what a cinema camera should be.

On 6/21/2024 at 3:40 PM, bjohn said:

Probably just because most users don't know how to grade, and/or are not using good lighting. In time we will see great footage from this camera but the pros need to be using it for six months to a year or so.

That counts for any 10bit camera since GH5 days i must say. Even that oldtimer delivers way above its weight. On a note, @kye and @Beritar have pointed out an open gate mode on the GH5 Mk i / ii with downsampled 3328x2496 resolution, full 4:3 sensor estate, but in meaty 400mbps All Intra 10bit 422! GH5s has a mode of the same specs, so it might be open gate as well. Too bad in 50/60p, it's 8bit 150mbps on all GH5 models.

On 6/21/2024 at 3:46 PM, PPNS said:

i’m going to go against the grain and say that most of stuff online i’ve seen that was shot on the og (as well as the 4k and 6k) looks like shit tbh

Ratio between tops and flops is in favour of the og 2.5K imho. All these cameras are capable of very high quality images of course. The more recent models offering a more modern look imo.

All in all i think the official material on the BM website looks splendid and I like BM Raw. The FF 6K is an interesting camera for sure. Now the users can start to show off its potential. Pretty models make almost any camera look good. Dull shots make any camera look, well, dull.😊

On 5/26/2024 at 6:13 PM, Emanuel said:

Blackmagic Design is still today what RED was not completely able to deliver at least to the wildest expectations, the true indie cinema camera is theirs.

RED is nowadays mainstream and a guess, since Nikon has bought the brand. Better than any unknown hands, IMO Jim and Jarred honoured their commitment with this industry. Made a maninstream camera company anyway. And the purchase by Nikon only proves it.

Hope Blackmagic will stand at our side though. Reason why I usually tend to buy any great sale signed by them. On the due course, again as of now when I write these lines. I even believe every indie should have no reason to not have one if not a few of their unique offer. Who else? No one else.

- EAG :- )

bm is today's red 2008.