Panasonic GH7

Look at your statements and compare to what you would like to consider an insult from others.

Sanveer might not like it getting mixed up with me though.:) @sanveer I am a pretty nice person btw.:)

You don't need to prove anything. I believe you having a youtube channel. Even if you would stop your youtube business, your opinions relevance does not depend on that. They either speak to people or maybe sometimes they don't. Very simple.

Why not stopping getting angry and insulting people. Have a good laugh about one of forums running gags and say something like to me f.i.: "Ebrahim who?  I am Zlfan, a unique cat but no copycat. I might be all wordy but still spitting out some spiffy stuff." And you are. Cool Oly OM1 thread btw. All good.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
13 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

Look at your statements and compare to what you would like to consider an insult from others.

Sanveer might not like it getting mixed up with me though.:) @sanveer I am a pretty nice person btw.:)

You don't need to prove anything. I believe you having a youtube channel. Even if you would stop your youtube business, your opinions relevance does not depend on that. They either speak to people or maybe sometimes they don't. Very simple.

Why not stopping getting angry and insulting people. Have a good laugh about one of forums running gags and say something like to me f.i.: "Ebrahim who?  I am Zlfan, a unique cat but no copycat. I might be all wordy but still spitting out some spiffy stuff." And you are. Cool Oly OM1 thread btw. All good.

pannysvhs/sanveer, are you nice people? I don't see anything here from your behavior. you mother fucker. 

18 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

pannysvhs/sanveer, why should I prove myself to you? you are a big narcissist. fucking pussy. 

I am super sure that you are not Ebrahim Saalawi. He never talked like you at all. People are familiar with their private parts- pussy and dick are common words, no need to try to put them into a supposely hurting context. Narcist, you really believe that? I have a hard time to believe that you really think that, but that you are rather using it as a cussing word. Mofo is a pretty aggressive term. Let's calm down again, I'd like to suggest.

About the GH7, if it doesn't display the temporal noise reduction of the GH6, which @Beritarhas been exposing to us, then it could be a winner for me. I am still curious to test the GH5 II for its higher end way of rendering detail, highly resolving but without artificial sharpness.

Has anyone discovered any news regarding the rendering of textures? Also, I still have some questionmarks regarding highlights and rolloff.

2 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

I am super sure that you are not Ebrahim Saalawi. He never talked like you at all. People are familiar with their private parts- pussy and dick are common words, no need to try to put them into a supposely hurting context. Narcist, you really believe that? I have a hard time to believe that you really think that, but that you are rather using it as a cussing word. Mofo is a pretty aggressive term. Let's calm down again, I'd like to suggest.

About the GH7, if it doesn't display the temporal noise reduction of the GH6, which @Beritarhas been exposing to us, then it could be a winner for me. I am still curious to test the GH5 II for its higher end way of rendering detail, highly resolving but without artificial sharpness.

Has anyone discovered any news regarding the rendering of textures? Also, I still have some questionmarks regarding highlights and rolloff.

pannysvhs/sanve4er, fuck you. never mention me with this scammer Ebrahim Saalawi. 

if you are really a decent man, stop this by-topic and focus on gh7. 

On 6/21/2024 at 12:34 PM, MrSMW said:

Indeed. As above, for videographers, the specs have been there for a few years now re. sensors etc and it’s more the other stuff such as stabilisation and potential of in camera VND’s etc that interests me.

For photographers, even longer. 

Lenses, I think there’s still a lot more scope with faster and more compact options being my interest.

My holy grail is the max performance out of the smallest units, bodies and lenses.

Stuff such as the Sigma FP, the Lumix S9 and for stills, the Sony A7RV and compact zooms such as Sigma’s 28-70mm f2.8 and Tamron’s 28-75mm f2.8.

These combos for me are ‘peak camera’ in almost every way so for anything to come in the future, there’s nothing I actually need or even want.

But stuff such as even better IBIS, intended VND, greater DR etc are all welcome.

I think your peak camera lies in taking videos in the most original mode. when video or movie was invented more than 100 years ago, movie cameras were motorized or manual operated to have 16 frames per second. They were motorized photo cameras taking each frame like a photo and taking 16 frames per second. 

Now, some cameras can do that. Like OM-1 can 120 fps for 100 frames, GH6/GH7 can do 60 fps for 200 frames, S5 2x 30 fps 200 frames, Z6 iii 20 fps for 1000 frames. These are true lossless raw, either 12 bit or 14 bit. They are the highest quality one can get even in a cinema video camera. Although 3-5 seconds, this is enough for many applications. For long events or meeting, nobody cares much about peak image quality. This is why I am eyeing OM-1 deals, as it can do this peak mode, also 10-bit FHD all-I 160 mbps up to 30 fps. With these two modes, plus the legendary ibis, I can keep the whole rig very small, yet reaching the level of Alexa Red Sony cinema cameras. 

10 minutes ago, zlfan said:

I think your peak camera lies in taking videos in the most original mode. when video or movie was invented more than 100 years ago, movie cameras were motorized or manual operated to have 16 frames per second. They were motorized photo cameras taking each frame like a photo and taking 16 frames per second. 

Now, some cameras can do that. Like OM-1 can 120 fps for 100 frames, GH6/GH7 can do 60 fps for 200 frames, S5 2x 30 fps 200 frames, Z6 iii 20 fps for 1000 frames. These are true lossless raw, either 12 bit or 14 bit. They are the highest quality one can get even in a cinema video camera. Although 3-5 seconds, this is enough for many applications. For long events or meeting, nobody cares much about peak image quality. This is why I am eyeing OM-1 deals, as it can do this peak mode, also 10-bit FHD all-I 160 mbps up to 30 fps. With these two modes, plus the legendary ibis, I can keep the whole rig very small, yet reaching the level of Alexa Red Sony cinema cameras. 

red is famous for high frame rate, high resolution. om-1 mk ii can do 120 fps for 200 frames, this is 8 seconds 120 fps 6k uncompressed 12 bit raw. om-1 can 120 fps for 100 frames, this is about 4 seconds of 120 fps 6k uncompressed 12 bit raw.  image quality of om-1 /ii should be stunning. for music tv, commercial, etc, 120 fps 6k slow motion is well enough. 

when I say 4 seconds of om-1, it is 4 seconds of play back time in 24 fps. 

1 hour ago, zlfan said:

I think your peak camera lies in taking videos in the most original mode. when video or movie was invented more than 100 years ago

Hmmm 🤔 

I’d like to use my Time Machine to go visit that age for sure and see someone like George Melieres at work, but as a hybrid event photographer working in 2024, I suspect my tools of choice have a few advantages over his…

16fps stop motion is not something my clients book me for 😂

8 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

While the S5II H264/265 uses temporal noise reduction as opposed to the S5 and make the fine details worse especially in 4K/C4K. I think the GH6 being softer than the GH5 in 4K/C4K is mostly due to a more agressive IDP (Intelligent detail processing). In order to reduce moiré, it smooth fine details (making the image more organic for some people) but also reducing the level of fine details when you crop a bit.
So if you want to get the same impression of sharpness of the GH5 and tries to add digital sharpening in post on the GH6 (this is rarely a good thing to do but it can help to see the differences of details between different cameras/recording mode by highlighting them),  the image becomes very bad with some apparent details looking oversharpened and some very fines details looking smoothed out. The GH5 just keeps more details and even if this camera still use a good amount of sharpening in 4K, this sharpening looks less rough.

In 5,7K, the GH6 is much better (and closer than the GH5), fine details looks less rough than 4K/C4K, however the IBIS takes a good hit when walking producing more "jumps".
Open gate is very similar to 5,7K on the GH6, maybe the fine details are slightly better when there are not a lot of motion, but the rendering is very similar.
However the GH5 in Open Gate is the best I've seen, the level of sharpening is almost the same than a raw picture file, making the image the best you can get on from a Panasonic m43 camera about detail rendering and in my opinion this mode is much better than any mode inside the GH6 or the G9II, even in Prores. Of course I don't speak about DR and colors, for me the GH6 has the best colors of any Panasonic cameras.

6 hours ago, zlfan said:

if you are really a decent man, stop this by-topic and focus on gh7. 

I just did focus on the GH7. Read again.

Just like before, I said, you DON'T have to prove anything to me whether you have a youtube business or not. Read again. Your cussing proves once more that you are not Ebrahim Saalawi, despite you being one of the very few who were remembering his name and last name. Ebrahim was a gentle and kind poster. Otherwise his scam would not have worked. Your posts have neither been gentle nor kind from the very beginning on.

Your behaviour has been the complete opposite. Not good reason for that. But you proved you are not Ebrahim Salaawi.

Please come back, Professor and tell us: "I am not zlfan. What does zl stand anyway, zealot?"

The GH5II has been tested for displaying the best detail rendering of the whole bunch from what I read, high resolving but gentle. @Beritar Thank you for testing the Gh6 and S-line cameras and for sharing. So far GH5II looks even more interesting to me. None of the bunch does open gate 60p, right?

2 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

The GH5II has been tested for displaying the best detail rendering of the whole bunch from what I read, high resolving but gentle. @Beritar Thank you for testing the Gh6 and S-line cameras and for sharing. So far GH5II looks even more interesting to me. None of the bunch does open gate 60p, right?

Just fired up my GH5 and it has 3328x2496 at 59.94p, so I'd be surprised if the GH5ii, GH5S, GH6 and GH7 didn't have at least one >30p mode in open gate..

17 minutes ago, kye said:

How odd, I just checked and the GH5 3.3K 4:3 mode and it's the same horizontal FOV as the 16:9 modes, so downsampled not cropped.

That's rather cool! Maybe doublecheck?:) If so, it should have the same fov in both, x and y axis, like an uncropped photo. That would be pretty sweet. 50/60p 4to3 is 8bit though on the GH5, right? Markii and GH5S should be 10bit 420.

1 hour ago, PannySVHS said:

That's rather cool! Maybe doublecheck?:) If so, it should have the same fov in both, x and y axis, like an uncropped photo. That would be pretty sweet. 50/60p 4to3 is 8bit though on the GH5, right? Markii and GH5S should be 10bit 420.

I confirm, my GH5 has Open gate 3,3K downsampled 60 fps. Even my GH6 and G9II have not Open Gate 60fps.
The GH5 is still the best Panasonic m43 cameras for a lot of things, including detail rendering and Open Gate 60fps.

19 minutes ago, Beritar said:

I confirm, my GH5 has Open gate 3,3K downsampled 60 fps. Even my GH6 and G9II have not Open Gate 60fps.
The GH5 is still the best Panasonic m43 cameras for a lot of things, including detail rendering and Open Gate 60fps.

I tested a bunch of modes and was really impressed that the only times it cropped in were when you explicitly told it to do so (the ETC and 2x and 4x digital zooms) and everything else was downsampled.  That even included things like the FHD 60p mode in 2x digital crop - it was still downsampling from an area half the width of the sensor ( ~2.5K ) down to the FHD output resolution.  It made all the modes I tested really high quality.

I still read about the hodge-podge of gotchas and limitations on current generations of cameras and just shake my head.