Panasonic GH7

On 7/7/2024 at 10:05 PM, zlfan said:

af, dr of gh7 is as good as fx30. kudos to gh7. 

Except for the price... ; )

AF @ 100/120fps and...

I don't agree at all when reviewer hints MFT is more flexible as far as glass options when you can put them directly to FX30 via MFT -> E-mount adapter but not the opposite.

How many cool manual lenses you can have at your disposal?

Unique control along with PZ lenses for tracking shots from several speeds, only to mention a single advantage.

Clear Image Zoom another one.

When people like this scriba here are used to buy the most spread lens mount option to fit the more number of different cameras as much as possible, this is also something to have in mind such as the Megadap ETZ21 adapter to couple E-mount lenses to diversify the setup towards those new Nikon camera releases without losing AF capability.

Other than that, better IBIS, higher resolution 5.7K @50fps and open gate recording are neat GH7 advantages.

That said, first contact with this guy. Loved the way he gradually answered my questions at same time I was following his clean input as every reviewer should try the best for. In my bookmarks from now on.

- EAG

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, Emanuel said:

this is also something to have in mind such as the Megadap ETZ21 adapter to couple E-mount lenses to diversify the setup towards those new Nikon camera releases without losing AF capability.

And they work brilliantly because this was my approach for the first half of this year, - adapted E Mount glass on Nikon bodies...except there is one potential flaw and that is the lack of in camera lens correction.

Sony bodies correct for it, Nikon bodies do not.

It has not been a major issue with stills though sometimes, even with lens profiles in Lightroom and some manual adjustment, it has been impossible to truly straighten certain things and a bit of hard cropping is the only option.

With video though, it would be a bigger concern.

AF and image quality though, superb and it's my opinion, Nikon image quality is nicer than Sony image quality with your typical hybrid camera.

And ultimately, it means that Nikon Z users have access to more glass than Sony E Mount users.

But I have switched to Sony for stills because ultimately, I did not want the niggles of lens distortion and the AF is as good as it gets and those 2 factors counted for me on the basis that the image quality difference is negligible.

Actually, regarding the latter, the image quality of the 61mp Sony files is better than that of the 24mp Zf files, but the Zf is better in low light. Without question. 

14 hours ago, IronFilm said:

I thought it was kinda a genius marketing move. 

As making a short film to a high level is expensive

But this way they spread out the costs via a bunch of supporting sponsoring companies, and got out a bunch more content pumped out vs normally just the one or two videos made.

Oh, sure.  That's all fine.  I just meant that people here might not want to waste their time if looking for actual comparisons between the Arri and the GH7 since that's what I expected to find after seeing the title and watching the first minute or so.  Their short film had more than 10x the budget that I plan for my first feature this Fall.  If I could talk about how great Hollyland, et al are for 10 minutes and get $100k to pay cast/crew/locations, I would absolutely do that.  😅

On 7/12/2024 at 11:02 PM, Emanuel said:

Except for the price... ; )

AF @ 100/120fps and...

I don't agree at all when reviewer hints MFT is more flexible as far as glass options when you can put them directly to FX30 via MFT -> E-mount adapter but not the opposite.

How many cool manual lenses you can have at your disposal?

Unique control along with PZ lenses for tracking shots from several speeds, only to mention a single advantage.

Clear Image Zoom another one.

When people like this scriba here are used to buy the most spread lens mount option to fit the more number of different cameras as much as possible, this is also something to have in mind such as the Megadap ETZ21 adapter to couple E-mount lenses to diversify the setup towards those new Nikon camera releases without losing AF capability.

Other than that, better IBIS, higher resolution 5.7K @50fps and open gate recording are neat GH7 advantages.

That said, first contact with this guy. Loved the way he gradually answered my questions at same time I was following his clean input as every reviewer should try the best for. In my bookmarks from now on.

- EAG

true. gh7 price is kind of hard to swallow as a m43 camera, $2200 base, plus $200 arri log c, plus $500 xlr module to get 32 bit audio. almost $3000 for a full potential package. 

Some anamorphic goodness. Splendid shortfilm with jojo players performing and offscreen statements about their art and what it means to them in living their lifes. I found the bts on youtube which linked to the actual video. Filmed in HD 240fps with a 20mm Laowa Nanomorph, in Arri C.