Cinema cameras are better than mirrorless cameras?

zlfan

• zlfan changed the title to Cinema cameras are better than mirrorless cameras?
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 6/21/2024 at 11:35 PM, zlfan said:

why do you want to put on a lens adapter to make a lens softer on a very sharp camera? instead, you can put a sharp lens on a high quality 1080p cinema camera? 

Especially since I´ve saw a couple of demos not only by him but by other YT-Creators, and the results were questionable at best. Sure, the premise sounds great, but the results were soft, bloomy and weakened the quality of the footage so much, that most of it would be unusable for the stuff I make. I do like my vintage lenses and they have character, but some of these adapters weaken the imagequality to an extend, that even vintage lenses don´t do. this as well as the price is a strange item to push towards the audience, He is usually on the more rational side, when it comes to endorsements with certain companies and their items/devices.

I've considered getting some of the module8 tuners before, but I think that they're very much in the category of rent before considering buying.  It's pretty hard to judge them from whatever footage people put online.  There are just too many combinations of lens + tuner settings.  Most of the stuff I've seen online looked a little bit like hot garbage to me, but maybe I just don't like their combinations of lens + settings.  They're only so interesting anyway.

On 6/21/2024 at 2:35 PM, zlfan said:

why do you want to put on a lens adapter to make a lens softer on a very sharp camera? instead, you can put a sharp lens on a high quality 1080p cinema camera? 

People do it all the time in the cinema world. Greg Fraser is always detuning stuff and trying to give character to the clean sensor by tweaking optics. It’s not about making the image softer, most of the time the centers are really sharp but falloff and oof areas are tweaked. Just depends on the project and story of course. 
See more here…

https://www.arrirental.com/en/about/overview/news/tar-a-masterclass-in-lens-customization

IMG_3840.jpeg