Addicted to compare cameras?

Emanuel

How many of you?

Two aspects to consider:

1) When some insight you get from apples to oranges principle and you end to buy another you wouldn't be willing to, but you end to conclude not much else you can do... : D

2) When you try to see any difference from and add no reason to find any... you can always blame the comparative term or/and man behind anyway... YT is a load of it : P

This is coming from a different discussion here though...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I think application scenarios are very critical, as different application scenarios require different criteria for camera selection. 

for example, for run an gun events and news shooting, good ibis, c-af, good jpeg engine, streamlined ergonomics, redundant recording, etc are important. 

for indi shorts or features, low compression 12 bit raw is a must. 

once we have crystal clear scenarios and criteria, then camera selection makes sense. 

The application scenario is critical, of course.

But first, the individual has to be aware that cameras exist to record footage that will be edited and then shown to viewers.

The majority of discussions here are wilfully ignorant of that entire concept.

• Super Members

The only comparison that we all really need to do is of footage that we make from cameras that we own and of what other people are making with it.

If theirs is better then the camera isn’t the problem and we should stick with what we have until we can make ours as good.

And then don’t think of “upgrading” until we do.

With any camera from the past five years (at least), the ceiling that we hit is usually our own capability rather than that of the camera.

And, yes, I am absolutely flat broke after not being able to follow my own advice on this !

1 hour ago, BTM_Pix said:

If theirs is better then the camera isn’t the problem and we should stick with what we have until we can make ours as good.

Absofuckinglutely.

I see what others get out of the S5II and it’s always a case of ‘must work harder’ (an ongoing lifetime project) and never a case of ‘I need a better camera’.

A smaller one. A lighter one. One with better (actual) IBIS, or AF that is reliable, all valid reasons to be looking elsewhere, but if it’s simply a case of your work looks a bit cack next to A.N. Others output, well that’s on us.