the worlds of arri and red are shaken by bm

zlfan

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, zlfan said:

I just tried a sentence of "gh7 is the perfect camera for street videography and event videography." using the female reveal ai voice over. wow. nice. it is not perfect as the tone has no excitement in it, but it is very human voice like. 

I saw you can even change several parameters foe each voice.

20 hours ago, Davide DB said:

https://artlist.io/voice-over

Imagine the blow the voice-over community receives. 
Then I keep reading comments like: yes but the human voice is inimitable and there will always be room for those who want that unmistakable touch.

Bullshit

Voice Over Artists (and those Sound Engineers who are recording them) as so dead as a dodo right now. 

17 hours ago, Benjamin Hilton said:

Yeah my point exactly. I have very little doubt AI will take over huge swaths of the market, it's just I think there will always be room for human made products. 

Yes, but what is the size of that room? 

15% of the current/past market for them? Maybe then it's still worthwhile discussing the role and future of human workers in this market. 

But what if it's just 1% of the past market for them? (As I expect will be the case for Voice Over Artists, it will be an extremely small niche usage of them)
Then it's pointless to discuss about the future need for human made products, as for all practical purposes it won't exist. (even though it technically "still exists")

13 hours ago, zlfan said:

it is not perfect as the tone has no excitement in it,

Maybe the female version of Jackpot, Campaign, Sleek, or Hype would match better what you're looking for. 

41 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Voice Over Artists (and those Sound Engineers who are recording them) as so dead as a dodo right now. 

15% of the current/past market for them? Maybe then it's still worthwhile discussing the role and future of human workers in this market. 

But what if it's just 1% of the past market for them? (As I expect will be the case for Voice Over Artists, it will be an extremely small niche usage of them)
Then it's pointless to discuss about the future need for human made products, as for all practical purposes it won't exist. (even though it technically "still exists")

Maybe the female version of Jackpot, Campaign, Sleek, or Hype would match better what you're looking for. 

I tried jackpot, seems better. there is some excitement. maybe it is a good idea to try  different genre of ai voice for different context aiming for different audience. 

I tried to put the three parameters to the maximum. if it is default, it is one minute transcoding time. whence at maximum, it takes hours and hours. I tried several times and did not succeed once yet. 

8 hours ago, IronFilm said:

It's probably going to be a small margin for sure for feature films and commercial work. What will probably keep the "real filmmaking" industry alive will be documentary and reality show content. That will be the authenticity people will come back to. 

13 hours ago, Benjamin Hilton said:

It's probably going to be a small margin for sure for feature films and commercial work. What will probably keep the "real filmmaking" industry alive will be documentary and reality show content. That will be the authenticity people will come back to. 

Reality TV exists as a genre because it is cheap (& was union busting)

If acceptable level quality TV series can be made for 5% of the cost using AI, then I'm skeptical if showrunners will be making so many Reality TV productions as they are now. 

On 7/11/2024 at 10:23 AM, IronFilm said:

The current state of the art market proves my point. 

99% of people are happy to not have original hand made art work hanging in their homes. Instead they'll have machine made art. (photocopies / prints / photographs / etc) Or even... nothing at all. 

Even when the print etc. is made by machine,  in most cases the content was created by a human (with some tools), so it reflects an individual's life experiences and vision. With AI it is basically given all the previous work to derive from but it has no life experiences so it's not the same. After a while the teaching material scalped online will be made by AI so it'll just become a self-regurgitating loop with little relevance to humans.

Actual fully hand-made art such as paintings or sculptures are too expensive for most people to own, but they can still be appreciated in museums, galleries and other people's homes in many cases. 

People often frame and post on their walls and mantleplaces photographic prints where they at least took the photos of moments that spoke to them themselves. So although a machine or two are indeed involved, human choices decided on the moment and camera position etc. Usually it is of moments, subjects, people that are relevant to the people who took the photos and chose to exhibit them in their homes. People often even have drawings made of their family members (not paintings but something like a charcoal drawing). I think there is no chance that AI-fabricated collective conciousness images will replace such images in people's lives. It's not the image or its shape but the human experiences that matter to us humans.

9 minutes ago, Ilkka Nissila said:

Even when the print etc. is made by machine,  in most cases the content was created by a human (with some tools), so it reflects an individual's life experiences and vision. 

Sure, the photographs reflect the "individual's life experiences and vision" even though the actual content (the photos files that the prints are made from) is made by a machine (a camera). 

Same will be true for AI generated art of the future, the "AI Art Prompter" will be using their "individual's life experiences and vision" to create the art just like a photographer does with a camera today. 

Actual fully hand-made art such as paintings or sculptures are too expensive for most people to own, but they can still be appreciated in museums, galleries and other people's homes in many cases. 

Sure, that might still remain, but the other 99% of the market for "hand made videos" could be gone. 

People often frame and post on their walls and mantleplaces photographic prints where they at least took the photos of moments that spoke to them themselves.

Sure, but those photos have zero commercial value to anybody else other than the people involved in taking it. (and perhaps their close relatives as well)