the worlds of arri and red are shaken by bm

zlfan

3 hours ago, eatstoomuchjam said:

This seemed timely and relevant to me because of the discussion of documentary stuff in this thread.  Some talk about the A cameras used for the most documentaries that made it into Sundance this year.  The list is topped by the FX9, the C300 II, and the FS7.

I'll have a tattoo with this link 🙂

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, eatstoomuchjam said:

This seemed timely and relevant to me because of the discussion of documentary stuff in this thread.  Some talk about the A cameras used for the most documentaries that made it into Sundance this year.  The list is topped by the FX9, the C300 II, and the FS7.

good for Sundance, good for me. 

iphone 15 pro max video stabilization is excellent, at least as good as go pro 12. resolution is good enough by today's standard. af sometimes hunts in rare cases. bravo. is this a m3 equivalent? maybe. so many people have this tool now. 

On 7/8/2024 at 7:22 AM, zlfan said:

when the new generation dps grow and move up the ladder

That will takes years and years to happen

On 7/8/2024 at 7:22 AM, zlfan said:

they may prefer the latest hybrids more and more as they are used to ibis and c-af. 

There will already be proper cinema cameras with this by then. Such as Sony BURANO, and whatever the later generations of it are. 

7 hours ago, IronFilm said:

There will already be proper cinema cameras with this by then. Such as Sony BURANO, and whatever the later generations of it are. 

This is true. The more experimental features of the mirrorless cameras will be  the norm in cinema cameras. 

9 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Yes. And by which time no one will be watching films made by someone else anyway…

“AI, make me a Western/Romance/Horror… “

No camera needed.

(Goodness, I hope not!)

3 hours ago, IronFilm said:

I think so

I think there is no doubt a lot of content will eventually be dominated by AI. That being said, I think the human craving for authenticity and reality will never be completely dead. Just look at the amount of photographers and cinematographers returning to analogue film. While it may become niche, I think there will always be space for movies filmed with "real people" on "real cameras." 

is there ai for music? i actually really need beautiful original music for my videos. i like classic music. some music pieces like blue danube, tristesse, etc, will be nice. 

i imagine that i type in some key words, like strauss, blue danube, and there is some music created by ai similarly beautiful. it is my dream. 

1 hour ago, Benjamin Hilton said:

I think there is no doubt a lot of content will eventually be dominated by AI. That being said, I think the human craving for authenticity and reality will never be completely dead. Just look at the amount of photographers and cinematographers returning to analogue film. While it may become niche, I think there will always be space for movies filmed with "real people" on "real cameras." 

I don’t know about ‘always’ because 5 years vs 50 years vs 5000 years…

But for the foreseeable future as in our lifespans, changes because there is always change, but probably not to the extent that some think.

I believe this to be the case because although ‘progress’ continues to accelerate, there is only so much we can take, ie, it cannot simply increase exponentially.

And then there is retro/analogue or whatever we wish to call it, but even that gets updated because to some, ‘retro’ is stuff from just a few years back which others of us, might think of as not far off being current.

So AI I think will continue to play a part and increasingly so, but at the same time, I don’t think the sky is falling in.

Well not completely.

Or at least for some time yet…

Please not if there is a god, until I’m done. Thanks. If you exist and are listening/read comments on this forum. And if you truly are omnipotent, you surely do? Or have someone do? Because you must because just reading that volume of shit on YouTube comments must take up a heck of an amount of time. Appreciate it.

5 hours ago, zlfan said:

is there ai for music? i actually really need beautiful original music for my videos. i like classic music. some music pieces like blue danube, tristesse, etc, will be nice. 

i imagine that i type in some key words, like strauss, blue danube, and there is some music created by ai similarly beautiful. it is my dream. 

There sure is.. and the music people are freaking out more than the film-making people.

10 hours ago, Benjamin Hilton said:

I don't crave "authentic handmade clothing". I'm fine with that all my clothes are machine made in a massive factory overseas. 

Am also don't crave "authentic hand drawn portraits". I'm fine that a machine (cameras, be it a DSLR, or even our cellphone) puts most of the work into making them these days. (even when you consider a highly skilled pro photographer, the marginal effort/time it costs to create an additional picture is exceptionally low vs what a portrait artist of the past had to do) 

While I'm not sure about what the timeline is for it (not even fully confident if it will happen in my lifetime or not, just that it will be "one day"), but I expect once AI movies are "good enough" (i.e. not Will Smith eating spaghetti!) then the future audience of them will also not care at all that they're "not hand crafted" just like they don't care for that about their clothes / portraits / etc (of course there will always remain a very small minority that do care, but for most of us this will be such a small market it won't be economically viable to target). 

4 hours ago, kye said:

There sure is.. and the music people are freaking out more than the film-making people.

But the musicians are not freaking out as much as the writers are... !

42 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

I don't crave "authentic handmade clothing". I'm fine with that all my clothes are machine made in a massive factory overseas. 

Am also don't crave "authentic hand drawn portraits". I'm fine that a machine (cameras, be it a DSLR, or even our cellphone) puts most of the work into making them these days. (even when you consider a highly skilled pro photographer, the marginal effort/time it costs to create an additional picture is exceptionally low vs what a portrait artist of the past had to do) 

While I'm not sure about what the timeline is for it (not even fully confident if it will happen in my lifetime or not, just that it will be "one day"), but I expect once AI movies are "good enough" (i.e. not Will Smith eating spaghetti!) then the future audience of them will also not care at all that they're "not hand crafted" just like they don't care for that about their clothes / portraits / etc (of course there will always remain a very small minority that do care, but for most of us this will be such a small market it won't be economically viable to target). 

This debate has been solved already by the art world when faced with what to do about forgeries.  The answer, and I think what @Benjamin Hilton was potentially referring to, is provenance.  The art world has established very clearly that humans value the original creative item, even if the forgeries are perfect and made by humans.  The idea that the Mona Lisa will have no value because robots can just paint you a perfect replica, or can make their own portraits of women with ambiguous facial expressions is silly.

I expect that a very large percentage of the content (and art) consumed will be from AI and robots, but I think that an authentic object will always have some extra value because it has the provenance, even when compared with an identical copy made by assembling individual atoms into a perfect replica.

The current state of the art market proves my point. 

99% of people are happy to not have original hand made art work hanging in their homes. Instead they'll have machine made art. (photocopies / prints / photographs / etc) Or even... nothing at all. 

7 hours ago, kye said:

This debate has been solved already by the art world when faced with what to do about forgeries.  The answer, and I think what @Benjamin Hilton was potentially referring to, is provenance.  The art world has established very clearly that humans value the original creative item, even if the forgeries are perfect and made by humans.  The idea that the Mona Lisa will have no value because robots can just paint you a perfect replica, or can make their own portraits of women with ambiguous facial expressions is silly.

I expect that a very large percentage of the content (and art) consumed will be from AI and robots, but I think that an authentic object will always have some extra value because it has the provenance, even when compared with an identical copy made by assembling individual atoms into a perfect replica.

Yeah my point exactly. I have very little doubt AI will take over huge swaths of the market, it's just I think there will always be room for human made products. 

7 hours ago, Davide DB said:

https://artlist.io/voice-over

Imagine the blow the voice-over community receives. 
Then I keep reading comments like: yes but the human voice is inimitable and there will always be room for those who want that unmistakable touch.

Bullshit

I just tried a sentence of "gh7 is the perfect camera for street videography and event videography." using the female reveal ai voice over. wow. nice. it is not perfect as the tone has no excitement in it, but it is very human voice like.