Osmo Pocket 3 o Sony RX 100 V

FoxAdriano

Hi, I would like to ask a question that is bothering me. jejejeje I had the Osmo Pocket 3 for 3 months and I liked it especially for its 4K video quality and the gimbal. I make documentaries around the world and also video editing in 4K. I have also Lumix GH6. Since the Osmo Pocket 3 had a small problem, I returned it and received a refund. Now I am thinking about whether to buy the Osmo Pocket 3 again or the Sony RX 100 V. I would like to hear your opinion.
Thanks for your thoughts.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, FoxAdriano said:

Hi, I would like to ask a question that is bothering me. jejejeje I had the Osmo Pocket 3 for 3 months and I liked it especially for its 4K video quality and the gimbal. I make documentaries around the world and also video editing in 4K. I have also Lumix GH6. Since the Osmo Pocket 3 had a small problem, I returned it and received a refund. Now I am thinking about whether to buy the Osmo Pocket 3 again or the Sony RX 100 V. I would like to hear your opinion.

rx100v does not have the integrated gimbal, not sure if you can walk with it. I think rx100v is 1 inch sensor, so may be better in low light, a little bit, not much though. 

5 hours ago, zlfan said:

rx100v does not have the integrated gimbal, not sure if you can walk with it. I think rx100v is 1 inch sensor, so may be better in low light, a little bit, not much though. 

Surprisingly the Pocket 3 also has a 1 inch sensor.

10 hours ago, FoxAdriano said:

Start by asking yourself what your needs are.

Only then can you evaluate the options.

I would suggest that the decision is likely to revolve around the biggest differences between them - the Osmo is a fixed focal length camera with built-in gimbal, and the RX100 has a zoom but far worse stabilisation.

Depending on how you like to shoot, and the lenses you have for the GH6, the gimbal might be more useful, or the zoom might be more useful.

The end goal is to create the best final edit, so work out what the biggest challenges are for getting this, and then work backwards.

Other than that @kye has already listed, I think the main difference is the form factor as well I guess RX100 Mark V is also restricted to 8-bit, right?

The best camera is always the one you can have with you...

There will be MANY situations where one will be able to be there and the other doesn't, so...

It is up to you guess who is who on this apples to oranges thing ;- )

13 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

There will be MANY situations where one will be able to be there and the other doesn't, so...

Absolutely.

Priority 1 is getting the shot.  Priority 2 is making the shot that you get a better one.

You can't edit what you didn't capture.

1 hour ago, kye said:

Priority 1 is getting the shot.  Priority 2 is making the shot that you get a better one.

Priority 3, actually going out and shooting instead of staying home agonizing over which camera to buy…and then “I’m gonna hold off” for the next generation despite the latest and greatest just being launched because some random YouTuber who also couldn’t get out of their bedroom, said something about a camera they did not understand.

The amount of spreadsheet procrastination some folks have…

Of course, this does not happen with anyone here 😂

Wanna add something?

The more newer camera releases the more affordable and closer the older ones will land at your hands if you are the type to keep them forever in your collection, I am : ) I have no idea how many I have from 35mm film to the last couple of ones paid last month and a few days ago, all of them no-brainer bargains TBH, I simply can't resist! LOL : X

- EAG

PS: Just to not going much off-topic : D my next one will be the Osmo Pocket 3 ; ) and I already have the precedent version...