Sony ZV-E10 Mk2 Announced

BTM_Pix

On 7/15/2024 at 10:04 AM, Emanuel said:

But the FX30 is almost twice the price, much heavier and larger - they're aimed at different users/market segments.

A size comparison of the ZV-E10 ii, A6700 and FX30 which (AFAIK) all use the same APS-C sensor and battery - https://camerasize.com/compact/#927,910,895,ha,t

image.png.78a3fc892e6492635ba5c7923e7b4b40.png

I think as far as Sony is concerned, 'you pay your money and take your choice' (or consider the Fuji X-S20 instead).

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
7 hours ago, Marcio Kabke Pinheiro said:

One (not very elegant solution) is using some 3rd party fan. I had the 1st version of the Ulanzi one and tested in a torture test in my X-S20 (35 degrees Celsius, 12 o clock, camera under full sun) - without the fan the camera overheated after around 25 minutes, with the fan it lasted until the battery died. The newer version uses a srping to attach in the camera back, much better than the suction cups of the 1st one.

Smallrig launched external fan these days too.

Kinda clunky solutions, but if you are cash strapped, it works (here in Brazil cameras costs A LOT more, and the 1st ZV-E10 was a huge seller).

I’ve never understood the negative reaction to those cooling solutions.

They are an entirely pragmatic approach to solving a potential problem that may not occur in every single shooting situation people find themselves in.

Standing out in bright sunlight every day doing long takes ?

No but when you are then you just deploy one of these to solve the problem.

Exactly like how you don’t need to have the AC on in the car in every single journey but it’s there when you need it.

They are cheap, compact and effective so I have never seen the issue.

But hey, now Canon do one in a £400 grip for their new camera and everyone nods along sagely saying “good solution Canon”.

25 minutes ago, ac6000cw said:

But the FX30 is almost twice the price, much heavier and larger - they're aimed at different users/market segments.

A size comparison of the ZV-E10 ii, A6700 and FX30 which (AFAIK) all use the same APS-C sensor and battery - https://camerasize.com/compact/#927,910,895,ha,t

image.png.78a3fc892e6492635ba5c7923e7b4b40.png

I think as far as Sony is concerned, 'you pay your money and take your choice' (or consider the Fuji X-S20 instead).

My used FX30 is only slightly more expensive than brand new ZV-E10 II..

Used A6700 can be had for cheaper than ZV-E10 II in my country.

But they are for different market like you said, for me I defeinitely prefer used A6700 for best bang for the bucks, it got mechanical shutter and AI stuff which E10II lacks.

28 minutes ago, ntblowz said:

Used A6700 can be had for cheaper than ZV-E10 II in my country.

Not in mine (the UK) e.g. https://www.mpb.com/en-uk/product/sony-alpha-a6700 (between £1400 and £1500 used, which is almost the same as the new price, versus £924 for the ZV-E10 ii). Used FX30 - https://www.mpb.com/en-uk/product/sony-fx30 (actually higher than the new price with the current cashback promotion of £1699).

The high used prices will just be a reflection of their popularity at the moment.