L Mount 50mm lens announced priced at only US$170

IronFilm

Every system needs a cheap nifty fifty! Either for the beginner starting out, or even just as a back up lens for someone more established. 

That was one of the issues with L Mount, their lenses are too high priced. But now one of those pieces of the jigsaw has been solved:

The Meike 50mm F1.8 Full Frame Auto Focus L-mount Lens (already available in Z Mount and E Mount)

image.thumb.png.b36379ae455eb80ac392ca67735eef89.png

https://meikeglobal.com/products/50mm-f1-8-auto-focus-lens-for-portrait-photography

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I'd be more interested in a 35mm.

The only real weak(er) links in my current armoury of lenses is I don't have anything faster than f/2.8 zooms which is fine for 95% of what I do, but after dark, I probably could do with something faster.

On that note, they are big(ger) and heavy, but still under my self-imposed 'a lens cannot weigh more than 1kg' limit, I am most interested in a pair of Sigma 28-45mm f/1.8's because they are available in L Mount for my video needs and E Mount for my stills needs.

But I have run out of funds for this year, so aaaaaargh 🤪

I'll be interested to see how the autofocusing works.

I think Panasonic's 1.8 primes are decently priced, as they are better built than their Canon and Sony counterparts, but I also don't think it'd be a bad idea to release more affordable compact primes that are more competitively priced. A third party manufacturer probably shouldn't be the ones releasing a nifty fifty in the sub $200 range when your competitors have ones.