Cupboards clearout (DVX100, DX1, old camcorders topic)

Tim Sewell

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

Funnily enough, I’ve been at my storage unit today going through stuff in the dustier boxes buried at the back to do exactly the same.

During the quest, I found this and concluded that Panasonic really do hate us now.

IMG_5850.thumb.jpeg.2871d9e3b015f5ac83cefaf0288a9d99.jpegIMG_5849.thumb.jpeg.7550af07e9118e33c5a1fa4e571f8d68.jpeg

Was there ever a camera more inclined to make you pick it up and go out and film with it.

2 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Funnily enough, I’ve been at my storage unit today going through stuff in the dustier boxes buried at the back to do exactly the same.

During the quest, I found this and concluded that Panasonic really do hate us now.

IMG_5850.thumb.jpeg.2871d9e3b015f5ac83cefaf0288a9d99.jpegIMG_5849.thumb.jpeg.7550af07e9118e33c5a1fa4e571f8d68.jpeg

Was there ever a camera more inclined to make you pick it up and go out and film with it.

I like how behind this camcorder is the word "Triggers". It sure is one for some of us. Hah!

15 hours ago, MrSMW said:

We should have a marketplace here on the forum.

We used to have a subforum here for that years ago. 

16 hours ago, Tim Sewell said:

Hi, UK-based EOSHDers. I have a bunch of stuff up on eBay (with more, especially LED lights coming next week).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?item=145941180961&rt=nc&_trksid=p4429486.m3561.l161211&_ssn=ti_sewel

It's criminal how little a FS7 sells for these days 😭😭😭

• Administrators
21 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

What a gem

Your next shoot...

(23:33 if it doesn't queue at right spot)

• Administrators
4 hours ago, IronFilm said:

It's criminal how little a FS7 sells for these days 😭😭😭

FS5 with that elusive electronic ND filter even more so.

I can't believe that hasn't made its way into many, many more cameras yet.

The conclusion is indeed that Sony and Panasonic hate us.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, BTM_Pix said:

Well I haven’t emptied the box marked “Clothes - misc” yet so maybe my leather hot pants will be in there.

Looks like it's time for you to do some discrete street shooting with DVX100 down market street to Piccadilly then!

Would seamlessly blend in!

Plus if anyone has a problem it does double duty as a baseball bat

• Administrators

In Berlin I've been trying to find a DVX100 for a while and actually they are pretty rare now.

There's also the TRV 900 Sony handycam which has a certain appeal with a nice Zeiss on the front.

The VX1000 and VX2000 I am also looking for, but some of the prices have recognised the current inflationary conditions of 20%, plus VAT, plus Instagram tax, plus seller remorse, plus Sony Handytax, plus tips https://www.kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/sony-dcr-vx1000-e-minidv/2796362065-245-3433

There is however a TRV 900 for 100 bucks at a local junk shop... with a C31 error.

This error was famous as it was apparently fixable by "giving the camera a good smack".

So if I can get the shop owner out of earshot for a few seconds somehow so I can whack the shit out of his camera I might be in luck?

Maybe he needs a bit of DIY and a few window frame nails doing anyway?

10 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

I just remembered they might hate us less than thought...

nah, that prove just how much they hate us because it was never released with a MFT mount!

It was sooooo close.... ! Could have been the badly overdue "Panasonic AF200"

• Super Members
1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

In Berlin I've been trying to find a DVX100 for a while and actually they are pretty rare now.

I’ll swap you mine for that RED Motion Mount.

I’ll throw in the hot pants to seal the deal.

1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

There's also the TRV 900 Sony handycam which has a certain appeal with a nice Zeiss on the front.

The VX1000 and VX2000 I am also looking for, but some of the prices have recognised the current inflationary conditions of 20%, plus VAT, plus Instagram tax, plus seller remorse, plus Sony Handytax, plus tips https://www.kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/sony-dcr-vx1000-e-minidv/2796362065-245-3433

There is however a TRV 900 for 100 bucks at a local junk shop... with a C31 error.

This error was famous as it was apparently fixable by "giving the camera a good smack".

So if I can get the shop owner out of earshot for a few seconds somehow so I can whack the shit out of his camera I might be in luck?

Maybe he needs a bit of DIY and a few window frame nails doing anyway?

One little hack is to look for the PD150, and PD100, these are the "pro" versions of the VX2000 and TRV900, respectively (with XLR boxes and could do DVCAM). They were rarer and of course more expensive back then, but can often be found cheaper nowadays because people just aren't aware they existed and they don't show up in searches for the VX and TRV.

• Andrew Reid changed the title to Cupboards clearout (DVX100, DX1, old camcorders topic)