Looking for a New Camera Body

Dan Wake

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 8/21/2024 at 12:53 PM, Dan Wake said:

After many years of using my Canon 7D, I’m considering upgrading to a new camera body. I’m looking for at least an APS-C sensor, but I’m open to full-frame options as well. My budget is around €600, though I can stretch it a bit if necessary. The most important feature for me is clean ISO performance for night photography. If I can’t find a camera that meets this requirement, I might as well stick with my Canon 7D.

My lens collection is quite small, so I’m open to building a new set of lenses if needed. If you think my budget is too low, please let me know, and I can consider increasing it. Any suggestions for a good used camera that fits these criteria? Thanks in advance!

I think a used EOS RP will suit ur need, since it is FF it still beat any apsc out there for low light capture, and should be in ur budget too.

8 hours ago, MrSMW said:

Forgiven.

Mention any of the following and I will also respond:

OG X100

Pro1, Pro2

XH1

S1H

…and others 😂

OP waited another two years between this post and the previous post without ever upgrading their 7D, what's the big deal if they wait another two more years? And then yet another couple more years? 

Might be enough time to finally see an OG GFX 50S priced within OP's budget. They should definitely do that. 

Thanks so much for the kindness about suggestions and the fun about discovering my old post, see you in 2 years (like a good wine)! Ahahah

Jokes aside I did few tests during past days with my 7D installing film emulation picture styles and developing RAW shot at about 2500/3200 ISO. I discovered I can tolerate the noise thx to the automatic noise reduction (the chromatic) applied by Lightroom. The problem is that I need to keep the shutter speed pretty low with pretty fast aperture lenses to take those shots, meaning it require a very still subject and me to be very focused. Basically I took sone time to test if I really has no change other than upgrade an in all honesty I think I will understand it after the holidays I'll do in September with my family. I'll bring my 7D and really doing many tests (I can develop the raw files on my iPad).

I'm very grateful for your suggestions.