Manual lens issue on C100 mark ii

Llowllife

I have an old Canon 55mm FL lens that was modified to fit an EF mount. On my 5D mark ii, it looks magical at  f 1.2. But my C100 mark ii can't decide if it's AF or MF, and if it's f 1.2 or 8, so it just flickers between the two settings. This makes the image flicker too. I'm sure this can't be good for the camera, but I can't figure out how to change the camera settings to accept the lens. Any advice, suggestions or insights?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Does the lens have EF contacts on the modification (they were popular for a bit for getting the camera to give focus confirmation)?  If so, you could try blocking the camera from reading them somehow.  If it were me, I'd try blackening them with a washable marker.

On 8/23/2024 at 2:52 PM, Llowllife said:

I have an old Canon 55mm FL lens that was modified to fit an EF mount. On my 5D mark ii, it looks magical at  f 1.2. But my C100 mark ii can't decide if it's AF or MF, and if it's f 1.2 or 8, so it just flickers between the two settings. This makes the image flicker too. I'm sure this can't be good for the camera, but I can't figure out how to change the camera settings to accept the lens. Any advice, suggestions or insights?

I just tried a Mayer 50mm f1.8 with a dumb adapter on c100.2. you have f-.-. you don't see any f number. maybe your lens has a focus confirming chip. if the lens is manual, it is totally manual on c100.2. c100.2 has pretty good dpaf, so a little bit waste using mf lenses.