RED cuts prices of Komodo and Komodo-X by up to 30%

eatstoomuchjam

I wonder if Nikon/RED got leaked advanced word about the Canon C80 and wanted to make as many Komodo sales as possible before the announcement? 

On 9/9/2024 at 11:56 PM, ntblowz said:

There definitely seem to have lots of komodo for sale lately on my local auction site, one guy list the reason is less cinema and more social video 😂

To be fair, a FX6/C70 (or now, a C80) is "better" for Social Media shooting than a Komodo is. 

Edit: oh damn, I just saw there are four Komodos listed on TradeMe:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketplace/electronics-photography/video-cameras/search?search_string=komodo

That's far more than I'd have expected. 

(by comparison not even one Sony FS5/FS7/FX30/FX3/FX6/FX9 is listed for sale)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
8 hours ago, inde said:

That is, the razor is the camera body and the blades are the oversized, overproduced, heavy, overpriced lenses

Are they?

My perception and experience of Sony lenses is that like their cameras, they are more on the compact size?

Not actually ‘compact’ as such, but generally slightly smaller than other brand counterparts?

Although I own a Sony camera, I don’t own any actual Sony lenses, only Tamron and I specifically bought into the whole system because they offered the lightest and most compact full frame combinations for my needs.

11 hours ago, IronFilm said:

(by comparison not even one Sony FS5/FS7/FX30/FX3/FX6/FX9 is listed for sale)

That for this week lol, there was fx3 sold last week and at one stage 3 fx30 for sale (including my one) up there

Screenshot_20240912-000406_Chrome.jpg