MONEY MONEY MONEY

Chrille

Hi,

as the technical side is becoming cheaper and cheaper i would love to get some insights  wether anyone in this forum is actually making money with their creative endeavors: I am less interested in the typical booked gigs business (ranging from a one man army videogproduction to full blown DOP on features and commercials), but more in the realm of micro budget features, youtube, and other creative ideas... So everything that is kind of outside the typical system...

Yes, i have just read "Rise of the Filmtrepreneur" by Alex Ferrari... 😉 Would love if anyone here would share their insights!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

This is my full time main career. Am working as a Production Sound Mixer on tv / film sets etc. 

As for being a Producer (as that's what you're asking about), sorry, I don't have much first hand experience of that. (although might like to pivot into that as I get older) 

Expect full time immersion, no weekends no holidays and yes, you can be a content producer.

You said YouTube? Hundreds, thousands, millions of examples... so good luck! ; )

Here's a good source to begin with your market case study:

https://socialblade.com/

You said micro budget features? Crowdfunding is your partner.

EAG :- )

Yeah, i was

On 9/14/2024 at 8:47 PM, Emanuel said:

You said YouTube? Hundreds, thousands, millions of examples... so good luck! ; )

Here's a good source to begin with your market case study:

https://socialblade.com/

You said micro budget features? Crowdfunding is your partner.

Yeah, i was hoping someone in the forum would have experience in either one or maybe come up with another idea...

2 hours ago, Chrille said:

Yeah, i was hoping someone in the forum would have experience in either one or maybe come up with another idea...

And? What are you expecting to hear here?

SocialBlade is too little?

Wanna another one?

YouTubers.me?

Or do you expect anyone will tell you any secret along these pages?

Another idea, you wrote?

This week this Wednesday, Fed will cut the interest rate. Invest part of your budget on JPY or gold reaching its most recent peak nowadays. Who knows you are not able to complete it with your gains? ; ) It worked out for me in 2008 with the JPY during the Lehman Brothers episode period -- they ceased operations 16 years ago, celebrated yesterday September 15 BTW... ; )

Sell shares of your project over future profits.

Open a training program with grants for trainees or get your talent in the same way for aspiring actresses/actors. They can even pay for your time instead! : D

But you risk someone may find it rather useful like a colleague of mine at film school who took it from a casual conversation of ours : X

And then come here to let us know how much the help served, if any... : P LOL how old are you BTW? :- )

A content producer is an entrepreneur in fact, so financial background and skills are mandatory to succeed. When we have funds in our hands, we have to think how to multiply it and financial markets are a good way to make our budget shine, no less. Any asset whether simple currency based on the most liquidity and capital supply ever such as EURUSD or mere commodities, go figure, or yet camera equipment and gear related. At least, it has worked with me. Camera industry connections can also help as secondary business and hand to drive it to the screen. So, press, media, marketing, TV networks/streaming, film distributors & aggregators, even education and training sectors can give a hand, without mention the film festivals circuit as much worldwide as possible. Never let a territory restrict you out of the game. This craft is universal by nature and it's a mistake to think it nationwide IMO.

EAG :- )