Metabones Canon EF to Sony E CINE eND Smart Adapter

BTM_Pix

• Super Members

Announced today for IBC and available "shortly after" the show.

494667350_ScreenShot2024-09-13at17_54_53.png.4ff4d4da869f61a157cb1b098a4b1f25.png497019543_ScreenShot2024-09-13at17_54_37.png.d0356cb967ed3ae89575c7c23a6a6307.png

It has two to seven stops of ND and integral clear filter.

Its not particularly cheap at $599 (compared to Meike's take on the EF to E with variable ND) but it has the advantage of not having to swap out to a clear filter like the Meike does.

I'm guessing that this should be able to stack with the Megadap E to Z adapter so its an option for Nikon shooters too.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
5 minutes ago, eatstoomuchjam said:

They're a little bit late to a crowded market.

Its slightly more than double the price of the Meike with he drop in filter but the big differentiator with this one is having the clear option instantly available to be switched to without having to swap in the clear filter like you have to on the Meike.

Its not only far more convenient but means that you reduce the risk of getting dust sucked in whilst the sensor is exposed during the swap but also the dust that can be transferred from the pocket that you have stuck the filter in.

Or donut residue.

Also reduces the risk of incompetents like me dropping the filters on the floor to nil.

Of course, I'd like to see it not be twice the price of the Meike but, for me, its is worth a premium.

There's no doubt it's very useful for a subset of users!  I'm only suggesting that they are getting to market behind a lot of others who have some form of swappable ND in the mount and I'm not sure that (aside from you) how many people are apt to run out and buy yet another one when they already have one.  🙂

• Administrators

The only drawbacks I can see are the lack of auto-ND (aka FS5 since forever) and the reliance on quite obsolete lenses (EF).

https://www.newsshooter.com/2024/09/13/metabones-canon-ef-to-sony-e-cine-end-smart-adapter-first-look/

Metabones are good at getting cinema people involved though... First Caldwell Optics and now LC-Tec