5" Foldout HDR Touchscreen & LCD

LEMO/Fisher for Power/Remote Control

12G-SDI Output, XLR Audio Inputs, USB-C

Ethernet/Wi-Fi/Optional Mobile Streaming

B-Mount Battery Plate & Power Supply

Carbon Fiber & Magnesium Alloy Body

From USD$29,995.00

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/release/20240912-03

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
14 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

That is 250 euros per K. Not bad.

haha right ; ) good maths : ) Crops are reasonable taken from 12K resolution native files. We have made tests comparing with other 4K and 6K BMD acquisition tools in-house and there's definitely an add-on to extract from there :- )

12 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Does anybody know who is making their sensors these days?

Not their stuff made in there natively to suppose with Stuart's claim?

"According to Stuart, the sensor was engineered in-house by Blackmagic Design and its development required a considerable amount of time, especially because the company doesn’t want to comprise on dynamic range (claimed DR: 16 stops)."

source

We´ll see if it will be used on any huge feature film project. If they want to take a big step into that field, they need to find some projects willing to go for a Blackmagic instead of an Arri or a Red Camera. If they can extend their partnership with apple, maybe one of their shows/movies is the right way. Otherwise, Blackmagic Cameras remain a great crash-cam, instead of the A-Camera.

1 hour ago, Mr. Freeze said:

Otherwise, Blackmagic Cameras remain a great crash-cam, instead of the A-Camera.

Really? In the meantime, I have produced a few film features with worldwide distribution shot with many of their cameras instead...

You know why orange man is back again?

Exactly because of that mindset: people tend to see the world straight from their backyard...

Blackmagic Design is today what RED tried to become two decades ago.

- EAG

I really don´t care about any orange man. But thanks a lot.

I´m not talking about film features with worldwide distribution, but the big releases instead, where you have discussion about the camera, similar to Fraser talking about the LF, or Deakins talking about the Alexa. I don´t doubt the Cameras being used on a lot of movies and productions (I really like what BMD is doing ever since the OG BMCC), but they´re no talking point in a way, that elevates them to being a new, central player in that field.

I see directors and DPs talking about Cameras and Lenses, but I´m still waiting for them to geek out for the Blackmagic Cameras. 

All I´m saying is, that with the 17k cine, there´s quite the potential to take that step and I´d like to see that. And yeah, that Red overall and that 3k for 3k really wasn´t what it was supposed to become. So BMD really took that place with ease.

15 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

We´ll see if it will be used on any huge feature film project. If they want to take a big step into that field, they need to find some projects willing to go for a Blackmagic instead of an Arri or a Red Camera. If they can extend their partnership with apple, maybe one of their shows/movies is the right way. Otherwise, Blackmagic Cameras remain a great crash-cam, instead of the A-Camera.

I think the issue is not the potential for Black Magic cameras, but just perception in the industry. It's really hard to change norms that have been norms for so long. It would be really cool if they can agressivly push them with younger dp's, then maybe they'll get more accepted with time. 

7 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

I really don´t care about any orange man. But thanks a lot.

I´m not talking about film features with worldwide distribution, but the big releases instead, where you have discussion about the camera, similar to Fraser talking about the LF, or Deakins talking about the Alexa. I don´t doubt the Cameras being used on a lot of movies and productions (I really like what BMD is doing ever since the OG BMCC), but they´re no talking point in a way, that elevates them to being a new, central player in that field.

I see directors and DPs talking about Cameras and Lenses, but I´m still waiting for them to geek out for the Blackmagic Cameras. 

All I´m saying is, that with the 17k cine, there´s quite the potential to take that step and I´d like to see that. And yeah, that Red overall and that 3k for 3k really wasn´t what it was supposed to become. So BMD really took that place with ease.

I got your point. I just simply hate mainstream and see where this leads us today in China, Russia and United States.

Is that the world we had dreamt in the last years of the previous century before 9/11?

We need a different approach and less media (social media included, obviously ; )  to rule our heads.

Instead?

Many more Orwell's readers.

- EAG :- )

2 hours ago, zlfan said:

the question is:

if you have only $30 grand, are you going to buy Sony burano, or Venus 2, or Alexa mini lf/65, or red raptor, or this 16k bm? why?

LOL

Shoot it with a P4K and invest the leftover with affordable gear and the best budget glass you can buy, locations you can get, promising talent, a competent crew of your own and at your side and last but not least, solid marketing.

This is what this brand means to this camera industry and crafts somehow related to, not necessarily committed with and uniquely for the sake of a business.

EAG :- )