Canon R5 Mark II - User Experience

herein2020

3 hours ago, gt3rs said:

HW issue? It seems a typical buffer corruption issue... purely SW... but let see.... The picture that you posted is what happens to me, so far only in 200fps but I do shoot mostly in RAW.

AF never stopped in my case, and I shoot 3 TB of video so far, all using AF. Was it with the adapter or RF? If it is with the adapter, then it seems to have an issue with it as first the aperture and now the AF both that needs camera+adapter+lens communication. 

For me it happens just turning on the camera, before ever hitting record. Fortunately, it has never happened while recording. Canon CPS said based on the video it looks like a power distribution problem which would also affect lens communication as well and might explain the very rapid battery drain.

They also said they have no insight into pending FW updates so they can't tell me if the new FW will fix it; they said it is possible but of course they couldn't confirm or deny anything. If I can return it I will, if I can only exchange it then I will do that instead, I feel like I might have multiple issues going on; some HW and some FW.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs