Nikon thinks Smartphones helped sales

SRV1981

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

With smartphones I think we are just going down the hill... Never people shot so bad without any clue what aesthetics is about, as happens nowadays. It's just going to social media and take a look on selfies today... The perspective of the cow as Hitchcock called it.

Shooters need to know about art history and photography technique to begin with, not automatic BS and odd menus with all those effects aka "filters", LUTs, whatever and fancy AI crap just meaningless.

- EAG :- )

• Administrators
On 9/17/2024 at 8:01 AM, Eric Calabros said:

The correct translation:

"Smartphone makers overplayed their hand in image processing in such an aggressive approach that some of their users came to this conclusion that the only way to get better image is to have a camera with bigger sensor".

This is part of the reason Gen-Z are turning to old compact digicams, for a less processed look.

The HDR smartphone look has become a boring cliche.

I shoot RAW on my iPhone 15 Pro Max to get past the heavy handed processing.

But Apple have always been better at doing realism in their processing than the Chinese smartphone makers, so by far not the worst offender!

If Nikon is right and smartphones are leading into more camera sales, could we see the return of smaller high-end compacts?