fog / smoke practical effects

maxJ4380

looking at getting a small fog machine for a small set or maybe enclosed room, I don't need to fill a warehouse . just need to be able to (highlight) if that's the right word some light beams. Got my eye on the ulanzi filmog. its a small held held device. From the youtube videos i think it would be sufficient for my needs. Anyone have any practical exp with this unit or similar units ? I have seen bigger 500 watt machines for less money than the ulanzi however i think they would be overkill but having no practical experience i could be wrong. Any thoughts or suggestions? 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, maxJ4380 said:

looking at getting a small fog machine for a small set or maybe enclosed room, I don't need to fill a warehouse . just need to be able to (highlight) if that's the right word some light beams. Got my eye on the ulanzi filmog. its a small held held device. From the youtube videos i think it would be sufficient for my needs. Anyone have any practical exp with this unit or similar units ? I have seen bigger 500 watt machines for less money than the ulanzi however i think they would be overkill but having no practical experience i could be wrong. Any thoughts or suggestions? 

I recommend looking into the American DJ brand. When I researched years ago ADJ kept coming up as a high quality brand, I ended up getting one of their machines and its now about 10yrs later and it still works like the day I got it.

Size wise, I recommend getting a decent size, you can always turn it down or use less dense fog liquid, but if you ever need to use it in a place that has a draft or one day want to use it outdoors you will appreciate the additional capacity. I have used mine for studio work, music videos, and other projects.