Leica Q3 43

zlfan

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I struggle with the prices of the Q and SL Leica systems. While the M has a clear differentiator because there are no competitors (except for that super niche PIXII that I never saw someone use even on social media), the other two are something that Sony/Panasonic/... could easily replicate for half the price if they'd want to.

It's funny when the Leica fanboys start arguing that it's worth paying 3k more than a competing product because it has less buttons or no "unnecessary" video function, etc. Reminds me of back when the DSLR guys were suspecting that the camera would be WAY cheaper if they had no video recording (but of course still have live view).

The other thing about this Q3 is I already have a 1/2 price one, in a more ergonomic body and with the ability to change lenses.

It’s called an A7RV.

And even cheaper and a similar style body to the Q3, the A7CR.

Except that one only has a single card slot and the rear screen isn’t anywhere near as good, plus some other ‘deficiencies’, because I looked really hard at it as a ‘budget Q3’, the limiting factor of that camera being the 28mm.

I rarely need to go wider than 28 and 28 I much prefer over 24 and though that sensor has the ability to crop and crop fairly hard, I also need 75+mm and that is beginning to push things a leetle too far.

So nope, went for a used ‘like new’ A7RV for €1000 less than current retail with 3 lenses giving me from 20-180mm.

Also, it can use adapted WITH AF, Leica lenses.

IMO, it IS a better and more wallet friendly option than a Q3 or SL3, but without a red dot badge.

I’d love a Leica or a Hassie but the reality for me is I cannot afford the latter and cannot justify the former.

• Administrators

$7K is an absolute joke. You are not getting a Leica, it's a Panasonic.

The 28mm lens on the normal Q3 is really terrible, it's worse than a toy and relies on Panasonic's correction to get rid of the massive distortion and vignetting.

Leica just need to be more honest... what is the $7K getting you in terms of engineering from LEICA? Cutting edge lens? No. It's very misleading marketing in my view.

Leica Q 28mm RAW:

59b3d95f1938b_L1160128copy.jpg.14aabe758b828c7e4ce54f3e0155bb8c.jpg

With the built in software profile applied in-camera and Adobe Camera Raw:

L1160128.jpg.7a1f275b7af2fd48ac761fdc83217435.jpg