Beetlejuice

SRV1981

So, I’m an amateur with zero training, but I saw the sequel and it was abysmal. Michael Keaton kept it alive for the duration but man the writing and PC culture behind it was bad. 

anyway, I’m watching the original and I’m BLOWN AWAY. The rich pastel colors, the detail combined with soft images etc, make the original so much more appealing than the sequel visually! Cinematic and filmic are real terms worth using daily. I can’t think of any digital image that rivals what I am seeing from the original Eastman film stock of Beetlejuice. 

id love to Get this pastel softness with deep colors and image on my log footage (iPhone and dlogm)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Did you watch the sequel at the cinema or at home ?  I haven't seen either of them and i'm unlikely to watch either of them as well.  I'm  a noob, no training either. Personally, i go to the movies to be entertained, if i start to question the story or the science behind it, the movie is failing to do its job and i don't enjoy it nearly as much. 

For those that work in the industry i can understand how one might take issue with the lighting or any number of other factors that are involved. Perhaps in my ignorance its easier (for me at least to suspend belief) if i was a professional i guess i'd be more inclined to have a stronger opinion. 

i did enjoy the latest axel f sequel at the movies.  I'd call it nostalgic in some ways, i don't think it brought any new to the series. However i liked the fact that they brought back all the old cast, or most of them anyway. Most sequels have the original cast all dead or gone (probably for financial reasons) But it was good to see all the old gang together, more sequels should do that.

1 hour ago, maxJ4380 said:

Most sequels have the original cast all dead or gone

*SPOILER ALERT BELOW*

Or they bring them back from the dead like in The Fall Guy movie (which technically is not a sequel as it was a series) with Lee Majors having a cameo role as an old lady pretending to be a security guard.

There was also some other old rubber sex doll security guard who I guess was the ‘hot chick sidekick’ from the series in the 80’s but has since been remodeled too many times with synthetic materials.

Otherwise I hate sequels long after the fact other than one exception, Bladerunner 2049.

Which coincidently, was also Ryan Gosling.