LUMIX S9 drops recording limits.

Ninpo33

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

This external fan thing is a bit of a nonsense.

It’s like raging because the Golf GTI is not as fast as a Porsche 911 GT3. Well doh!

Like everything in this world, the less you spend, the less you get and the lowest priced things cannot be expected to compete with the highest priced stuff!

My rule of thumb is that most things can be competitive with most things one class up or one class down, but two classes different is too much.

So an example in Cameraland, might be X-M5 vs S9 vs S5iii.

The X-M5 is competitive with the S9 and there are pros and cons to each, but other than size & weight (which is a whole different thing), the X-M5 is not competitive with the S5ii.

S5ii vs Komodo vs Arri… 

There are levels.

6 hours ago, John Matthews said:

180g and 190 euros. Ouch. Add a tripod and gimbal and you have what the S5ii has integrated into its body, minus the FF sensor and EVF. More and more I'm thinking that the X-M5 is a camera you just take it as it is or you upgrade, but don't get accessories because your final kit will twice the size of the camera with those features integrated, notably the S5ii.

Yeah the price is a bit nuts, but I'd hope if the X-M5 is gangbusters popular then a third party will make it for half the cost, or even a quarter of the cost. 

So you can rig it up with the fan if you need it, but also you can strip it down and go lightweight (maybe you're just going to be a tourist and take a few snaps during your trip). 

4 hours ago, IronFilm said:

So you can rig it up with the fan if you need it, but also you can strip it down and go lightweight (maybe you're just going to be a tourist and take a few snaps during your trip). 

That's a good point and I have no experience with that. I only know that YouTube videos showing such are slow and tedious. If we're talking 2 minutes, why not? If we're talking 20-30 minutes, it would be highly annoying and I'd probably just rely on my phone. :(

11 hours ago, John Matthews said:

180g and 190 euros. Ouch. Add a tripod and gimbal and you have what the S5ii has integrated into its body, minus the FF sensor and EVF. More and more I'm thinking that the X-M5 is a camera you just take it as it is or you upgrade, but don't get accessories because your final kit will twice the size of the camera with those features integrated, notably the S5ii.

Or just buy an X-S20 instead, which has IBIS and EVF.