ND64

The first "reasonable" rumor emerged:

24-megapixel LC1720 sensor (C80)

DIGIC Accelerator processor

8.5-stop hybrid image stabilization.

Same focus system as EOS R5 II

Highly reliable 14-bit 30fps RAW electronic shutter continuous shooting

reading speed 1/180s.

In-camera neural network noise reduction and high-resolution magnification.

Supports XF-AVC S and XF-HEVC S recording of C4K/120p (S35) and 6K oversampled C4K.

Supports 6K30p and 4K60p (S35) Cinema RAW Light recording.

If true, C80 sensor in R6 body will satisfy many of Canon customers, but not enough to make other brands users jealous. If Panasonic was clever, and fast, could make this DOA with a 6k60p camera. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If it has the C80's triple native ISO that could be interesting. Panasonic's lens mount and AF will always be its own worst enemy and they haven't updated the S1H since 2019 so anyone who was going to move on from Panasonic already has and has already had 5yrs to delve into a different camera maker's ecosystem so I don't see anything from Panasonic making anything from Canon or Sony DOA. BTW I am a big Panasonic fan....just being realistic.

8 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

The rumour is total bollocks as the C80 sensor is widescreen

36.0 x 19.0 mm

https://www.canon-europe.com/video-cameras/eos-c80/specifications/#

Whereas a plain old photographic tool needs 36x24 obviously.

Unlike the C70, it is easy to see from the front view that the C80/C400 sensor is not widescreen.
It has 26.6 megapixels, but only uses 19, because it has no open gate option. Maybe they reserve that for a "hardware unlocked" model above the C400, who knows.

That said, I am not sure that the LC1720, which is probably what the R6III will use is the same as those cinema cameras. Tests show less rolling shutter in an R3 than a C80, but also less dynamic range, no triple base ISO (and I wouldn't be surprised if C-Log 2 wasn't included).