FUJIFILM GFX100 ii 5.8k meets Stilgar from Dune at dunes of Maspalomas

fish_supreme

Hey guys, wanted to share with my short Video. It was recorded with GFX 100ii with lovely fujinon 110mm f2 at dunes of Maspalomas. I uploaded stilgars voice to voice cloner and let him narrate my favorite quotes from Dune series. Edited with Dehancer plugin. Film emulation was Ambrotype (by Anatolee Green). Music is ofcourse hans zimmer from the original first Dune. 

GFX100ii settings: 5.8k mode 24fps 720mbps 422 FLOG2. (5.8k mode has the wide aspect ratio but uses the full width of the sensor) Unfortunately no open gate 4:3 that would have been awesome.

What do you think? did I match the color from Dune? voice cloning gives me creeps. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
9 hours ago, KnightsFan said:

Nice! It's always nice to see what people are making.

In terms of matching color, I feel that the recent Dune movies were mostly less saturated. But I love the hyper-stylization you have here, too.

Hi, thanks for watching. I tried to immitate the intro scene where the Harkonens attack the group led by Stilgar. 

Great stuff! Where did you film this? How did you go and get along with the sand close to your lens and camera? I love the strong layers and it containing people in super wides. The graphical intensity feels natural instead of being a mannerism, still it is very well composed and edited.

What's your take on colour, codec and "thickness" for color grading compared to other 10bit hybrids or even more specialized movie cameras?

On 10/16/2024 at 9:50 AM, fish_supreme said:

What do you think?